11 January 2023
Early Alzheimer’s Disease: Finding the Right Patients for Clinical Trials and Beyond
Despite considerable efforts by biopharmaceutical companies, late-stage trial failures have plagued the drug development process for targeting Alzheimer’s disease. So what’s the problem?
Join Dr. Kenton Zavitz and Dr Robert Smith to discuss the issues surrounding the identification of patients for these early Alzheimer’s disease trials, and hear about potential strategies to facilitate both clinical development as well as drug commercialization.
Key discussion points:
- How to understand the regulatory perspective on developing treatments for early Alzheimer’s disease
- How to identify patients with early Alzheimer’s disease
- How to conduct clinical trials in early Alzheimer’s disease: Lessons learned from operationalising recruitment
- Finding the right patients for phase IV: bringing a drug to market
- Next steps for Alzheimer’s disease clinical trials